A wise placement process takes a little extra work for everyone, but is essential for mutual success. The enrollment process to hold a seat is basically: register each student, enroll in classes, submit placement materials, receive placement approval, and then make initial payment. The whole process takes 1-2 weeks. If at any time you have questions during the process, please contact us using live chat from our website or email to [email protected].
Do Your Homework First 🙂
- Do your research and get your questions answered before you enroll. We have live Support all day and anytime classes are in session, and we have an Academic Adviser for help building your plan (working with Academic Adviser is required for TPS Diploma students, and optional for others).
- Familiarize yourself with some critical information:
- Subjects and Curricula for an overview of each subject and recommendations for building your plan.
- Transcripts and Diplomas for those who may be interested in using TPS as their primary schooling option.
- Academic Calendar for enrollment dates, class term dates, and school breaks.
- Placement and Matriculation for an overview of the placement requirements for receiving teacher approval for a course.
- Tuition, Fees, Payments, and Refunds information.
- Technical (computer and peripheral equipment) requirements for classes.
- Install and test the classroom software on the computer(s) and network(s) you will use for class.
Enroll Students in Classes
- Create your family account, set your timezone. and add your students.
- Creating a family account is totally free, and it also gets you on our mailing list.
- Setting your timezone displays all class times in your local time when you are searching or browsing TPS courses.
- Adding students allows you to enroll them in classes.
- Login to your family account, add students (if you have not already), add classes to and remove classes from your Cart until you have a schedule you like, then enroll in them with a single click.
- Detailed steps for enrolling a student in a class.
- You may add more classes anytime.
- You may drop a class yourself within the first week of enrolling in that class, or request TPS Support to drop it after that.
- Immediately after you enroll, you will receive two automated emails for each course.
- One email discusses scheduling and payment for that specific seat. Please review it to verify correct class and time.
- One email discusses placement and Teacher Approval for the course. Please carefully follow any guidance to submit placement information, tests, essays or other work specified.
- Please do not pay until you have a Held Seat with Teacher Approval.
Placement Approval and Initial Payment
- Note: You must be enrolled in a course prior to submitting placement materials for that course.
- Submit Teacher Approval materials and placement tests, due within one week of enrolling in a course (no extensions, sorry!).
- After you have Teacher Approval for a Held Seat in a class, make your first payment by eCheck (preferred) or credit card. You may also request a Special Payment Plan by emailing [email protected].
- Please do not pay for a Wait List seat (there is never a fee for a Wait List seat).
- Please do not pay for a Held Seat in a course until you have Teacher Approval for that course.
- Detailed steps for paying for classes.
Getting Ready for Class
- Shortly before the course begins, order your textbooks and other materials. Make sure to order by ISBN, to make sure you get the right editions and versions. The required list can be found in the Resources section of the course details for each course.
- The week before the course begins, we will send preparation instructions for getting to class. Please make sure to follow the instructions well before your first class.
- Everything else you need — including assignments, grades, class messages, and more — will be provided, explained and demonstrated in class after the start of the course.
If at any time you have questions during the process, please contact us using live chat from our website or email to [email protected].